The Herbivorous Butcher
Starting from a small stand at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market and launching to international acclaim in sixteen months I was the driving force behind all the marketing efforts and sales strategy during my time with the company serving as their Chief Marketing Officer.
- Increased monthly revenue ten-fold from 2015-2016, with a projected gross sales between $2-$3 million over the first year of operation in a brick and mortar space.
- Secured earned media placements in: NY Times, TIME, BBC, Entrepreneur, The Guardian, Huffington Post, and 100+ publications
- Paid social media ad campaign drove sales with a 5,000% ROI
- Selected to speak about our strategy on the keynote panel (moderated by Mari Smith) during the Facebook for Business event in Minneapolis
- Raised $61,806 on Kickstarter and became the most successful "vegan" campaign in the site's history at the time
- Re-built their website to significantly increase e-commerce transactions and devised the procedure to sell and ship perishable food across the country
The sister-brother duo behind this company had been making their meat-free meats in a community kitchen and selling them from a six-foot table at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market when they hired me on to devise and run a Kickstarter campaign to help launch their vision of a vegan butcher shop.
Through a heart-felt pitch video, along with an aggressive social media campaign where we created and shared multiple videos each week, we were able to become the most successful vegan campaign in Kickstarter history with a total of 715 backers. The campaign was featured by most major local news operations in Minneapolis, and upon completion became a monologue joke on the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon that I spun into a meme that became a catalyst for the rapid growth of the company that eventually brought them international acclaim and landed me the role of Chief Marketing Officer.